The Syntax/Semantics Lab at the National University of Singapore investigates linguistic theory through the study of languages of Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- Kenyon at CamCOS 8
- Anne Nguyen & mitcho at SALT 29
- TC and mitcho & Ted (with Coppe van Urk) at AFLA 26
- Keely at CLS 55 and SEALS 29 on Burmese animacy and predicate-fronting
- mitcho, PI
- Kenyon Branan, postdoc
- Tingchun (TC) Chen, postdoc
- Keely New, RA
Friends and alumni
See the students page.
Our work is supported by, among others, NUS and the Singapore Ministry of Education through the following grants:
- “Subjecthood in Southeast Asia: Description and theory” (MOE Tier 2, 2018–2021)
- “Current Issues in Comparative Minimalist Syntax through Asian Perspectives” (MOE Tier 1, 2017–2018)
- “Theory and variation in extraction marking and subject extraction asymmetries” (MOE Tier 1, 2017–2018)