The Syntax/Semantics Lab at the National University of Singapore investigates linguistic theory through the study of languages of Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- TC at TEAL 12
- mitcho, TC, Kenyon, Keely will all be at GLOW in Asia XII!!
- Kenyon and mitcho at the Vienna Stress-Free Focus Workshop
- mitcho, PI
- Kenyon Branan, postdoc
- Tingchun (TC) Chen, postdoc
- Keely New, RA
Friends and alumni
- Bob Beddor, NUS Philosophy
- Ted Levin, postdoc 2017–2018; now at facebook
- Yosuke Sato, at NUS until 2018; now at Seisen University
See the students page.
Our work is supported by NUS and the Singapore Ministry of Education through the following grants, among others:
- “Subjecthood in Southeast Asia: Description and theory” (MOE Tier 2, 2018–2021)
- “Current Issues in Comparative Minimalist Syntax through Asian Perspectives” (MOE Tier 1, 2017–2018)
- “Theory and variation in extraction marking and subject extraction asymmetries” (MOE Tier 1, 2017–2018)