The Syntax/Semantics Lab at the National University of Singapore investigates linguistic theory through the study of languages of Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- TC is an invited speaker at Nominals at the Interfaces, November 2018
- Kenyon and mitcho will present at the LSA, January 2019
- mitcho, PI
- Kenyon Branan, postdoc
- Tingchun (TC) Chen, postdoc
- Keely New, 4th year undergrad and RA
Friends and alumni
See the students page.
Our work is supported by, among others, NUS and the Singapore Ministry of Education through the following grants:
- “Subjecthood in Southeast Asia: Description and theory” (MOE Tier 2, 2018–2021)
- “Current Issues in Comparative Minimalist Syntax through Asian Perspectives” (MOE Tier 1, 2017–2018)
- “Theory and variation in extraction marking and subject extraction asymmetries” (MOE Tier 1, 2017–2018)